Extracurricular activities can be some of the most valuable and enriching experiences for a young child. Whether it’s playing a sport or taking dance classes, these activities will help your son or daughter learn to apply themselves, build relationships and develop self-confidence. Plus, it’s the perfect way to harness a child’s toe-tapping energy. But choosing the right dance school for your son or daughter can be a bit tricky. There are countless studios and classes to choose from in the Fort Worth area alone. You want a studio that will help your children grow and develop, instead of holding them back with limited offerings and packed classrooms.
Follow these tips to identify the best dance school in Fort Worth, TX for your children:
- Class offerings: Not every little girl wants to be a prima ballerina. The right dance school will offer a range of different classes. Options should include everything from the basics like classical ballet and tap to creative movement, jazz, contemporary, modern, ballroom and hip-hop. This way, your child will be able to stay with the same school as their interests develop.
- Faculty: Consider the qualifications of the studio director and the dance instructors. This is especially important when it comes to children. Even the best dancers might not be the best instructors for children.
- Environment: Look for a studio that is both positive and encouraging. Classes designed for children should be enjoyable, but also challenging. Some studios are very competitive, while others are all about just having fun. Stop by the studio and peek in on a busy class for a better insight into their operations.
- Performance: Does your child seem eager or terrified at the thought of performing in front of an audience? It’s important to understand the role of the recital for each specific studio. Ask about their performance requirements, rehearsal time, financial commitment and preparation. Be realistic about what is best for your family and your child.
- Facility: Safety is incredibly important for dancers of all skill and experience levels. Look for a studio that has raised or sprung floors. Cement flooring increases the risk of injuries, while other studio spaces lack the necessary give by placing wooden floors over cement. The space should also be bright, well lit and welcoming.
The next step is to enroll your child in a week of classes before deciding. Observe the interactions of teachers and students. After the week is over, get feedback from both the teachers and your child to really figure out if it’s a good fit.
Choose Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Fort Worth
At Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Fort Worth, we welcome a variety of beginning students looking to get started on their dancing journey. Our friendly dance school in Fort Worth, TX is the perfect options for dancers of all skill levels, from beginners to seasoned dancers. We offer a variety of styles, all taught by highly qualified professionals with years of professional dancing experience. Call us today or stop by to learn more!
Categorised in: Dance Schools
This post was written by Writer