It’s August, which means teachers are sending out supplies lists, stores are advertising back-to-school specials and your kids are likely looking forward to the first day of school with both dread and anticipation. One of the more exciting aspects of going back to school is figuring out which after-school activities your kids will be participating in this year. While there are plenty of great options out there to suit different kids, one choice that comes with many different benefits is enrolling your kids in dance school in Fort Worth, TX.
Read on to learn about the different upsides to having your kids take dance lessons this coming school year.
- It’s athletic: It’s never too early to teach your kids the importance of physical fitness, especially considering the obesity epidemic in our country. Dance is a fun, positive way to make sure your kids stay active. When you enroll your child in dance school in Fort Worth, TX, you will be helping them to develop healthy exercise habits that will stay with them for life.
- It’s focused on individual achievement: Competition is starting to become a part of life earlier and earlier for kids. If you want to take the pressure off of your kids, consider putting them in an after-school activity that values individual achievement. Yes, dance schools participate in competitions, but the day-to-day purpose of dance is to express yourself and do your best, which are good things for any kid to focus on.
- It’s creative: With school budgets being tightened every year, funding for the arts is often the first thing to go. If you’re concerned your child isn’t getting a well-rounded education at school, enrolling them in dance lessons will ensure that they still get a chance to explore their creative side.
- Make new friends: Your child may have plenty of friends at school, but these are likely kids they have known since they were little and will know throughout their school careers. Enrolling your kids in an extracurricular activity outside of school gives them a chance to make friends who come from different backgrounds but also share their interests.
- Gain confidence: If your child is nearing middle school age, the dreaded school dances are just around the corner. Enrolling your child in dance lessons will give them confidence in their body and abilities, both on and off the dance floor.
- Develop lifelong skills: Most kids who play basketball don’t make the NBA, and most kids who play the cello won’t go on to play professionally. While the situation is the same with dance, there is one key difference: almost everybody dances occasionally, even in their adult life. Enrolling your kids in dance lessons will give them skills they can use during all stages of life, from youth to older adulthood.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in dance school in Fort Worth, TX, get in touch with Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Fort Worth anytime to learn more about our classes and schedule.